Family Room Enrichment Activities
Inspire and encourage healthy, active minds and quality family time.
Our virtual enrichment activities are designed by our youth development team to engage and expand young minds from the comfort of home. Fun projects incorporate elements of STEM and literacy while keeping kids happy and busy.
Explore our library of enrichment activities! New videos, projects, and ideas will be shared each week.
• 12 Children's Books about Race
• Tips for Family-Friendly Hiking
• 8 Water Play Activities
• 9 Ramadan Activities for Kids
• Free Stories in 6 Different Languages
• Life-Sized Games
• Homemade Sidewalk Chalk (Video)
• 3 Recipes for Homemade Slime
• Explore Nests & Snakes (Early Learning Video)
• I Spy: Animals at the Zoo!
• How to Create Lava Lamps (Video)
• Bring Social & Emotional Learning Home
• Experiment with Floating Boats (Video)
• Practice Kindness & Mindfulness as a Family
• Create Togetherness in your Neighborhood
• Family Friendly Ways to Celebrate Pride Month
• Ultimate Summer Treats
• How to Celebrate Community Heroes
• Great Campfire Meals, with Tin Foil
• Water Glass Orchestra (Early Learning Video)
• 10 Ways to Transform Chores into a Game
• 3 Ways to Capture Family Memories
• Make Bubbles Dance (Early Learning Video)
• 6 Activities to Encourage Imagination
• Make Dandelion Art (Early Learning Video)
• Bring the Outdoors In
• Bubble Art (Early Learning Video)
• A Guide to Virtual Spring Break Travel
• Make Play Dough Together (Video)
• Active Play, with an Indoor Twist
• Resources for Raising Anti-Racist Youth
• 5 Easy Science Experiments in a Jar
• 5 Ways to Encourage Giggles
• Expand your Cultural Appreciation
• 5 Unique Story Times, with Crafts to Match
• Magic Flashlight Art (Video)
• A Week of Ideas to Keep Kids Entertained
• Sink & Float Experiment (Early Learning Video)
• Bike Rides, Giant Bubbles, & Family Games
• Make & Play a Rubber Band Guitar (Video)
• Candy Catapults & Scavenger Hunts
• Communicate on a Tin Can Telephone (Video)
• BBQ, Frisbee Golf, & LEGO® Boat Challenges
• DIY Ice Cream, Waterfalls, & Balloon Ping Pong
Join the Y’s community response to provide child care for first responders, food support for kids, shelter for at-risk youth, and outreach to seniors.
Regular exercise is one component of a healthy lifestyle. It can also help reduce stress and prevent illness. From barre to yoga, we've got you covered for at-home workouts.
At the Y, we are here for our community. We've tapped into our network to pull together resources for those who may be experiencing hardship during this time.