Created specifically for young adults ages 18-24, Virtual Drop-in Support is a virtual gathering, moderated by licensed therapists. The group will meet and discuss a psycho-educational topic of interest and move into an open conversation to share additional information with resources for support. Free, no registration necessary, drop-in weekly or as needed. Contact Melinda Burns if you have questions.
Frequently Ask Questions
What are the benefits to counseling?
Therapists at the Y can provide support, problem-solving skills, and enhanced coping strategies for issues like depression, anxiety, relationship troubles, trauma, unresolved childhood issues, systemic racism, grief, stress management, increased substance use, body image issues, and creative blocks.
Many people also find that therapists can be an asset in managing personal growth, interpersonal relationships, family concerns, marriage issues, and the conflicts of daily life. Therapists can provide a fresh perspective on a difficult problem and help point you towards a solution. The benefits you obtain from counseling include:
- Attaining a better understanding of yourself, your goals, and values
- Developing skills for improving your relationships
- Begin healing from substance use
- Healing from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Finding resolution to the issues and/or concerns that led you to seek therapy
- Learning new ways to cope with stress and anxiety
- Managing anger, grief, depression, and other emotional pressures
- Improving interpersonal communication and listening skills
- Changing old behavior patterns and developing new ones
- Discovering new ways to solve problems in your family and/or marriage
- Improving your self-esteem and boosting self-confidence
What if I'm not sure I need counseling?
Find out if you might benefit from counseling. Learn about the common warning signs and risk factors for emotional distress that children, teens, adults, and first responders often experience. Learn More >
I want to refer someone for counseling, can I share their information?
Anyone can apply for services or make a referral for someone that you care about. Of course, make sure they know you made the referral both to show your care for them and also so they know why they are getting a call from the Y.
For more information, call us during business hours at 206-382-5340 or send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Therapist Disclosure Statement to see current therapist list.