Ultimate Summer Treats
Last updated: March 22, 2023, at 4:55 a.m. PT
Originally published: June 12, 2020, at 10:34 a.m. PT
Surprise your family with the ultimate summer treats! These delicious goodies are best enjoyed outside on a blanket or in folding chairs for an after-dinner or mid-day snack. Best of all, these ideas will look like a million bucks but cost much less.
- Using a flower-shaped cookie cutter, cut different types of melons into flower shapes.
- Then, use a melon baller to make the center of the flowers.
- Use toothpicks and skewers to put the flowers together.
- If you really want to make it the ultimate summer treat, after making the flower skewers, place them in a vase or pot with some styrofoam at the bottom to secure the skewers.
Homemade Healthy Popsicles
Nothing says summer like the juice of a popsicle dripping off the stick. Don’t settle for store-bought popsicles when you can make your own! Don’t have popsicle molds? No problem! Try using muffin tins, plastic cups, ice cube trays, or small yogurt containers. Chose from one of these healthy popsicle options.
Ice Cream Floats
Take it back to the days of diners and drive-ins and make an ice cream float bar! Choose a few different types of ice creams and sodas, and let your family decide what kind they want. Some great combinations include:
- Orange soda and vanilla ice cream
- Root beer with coconut ice cream
- Lemon-lime soda with orange or cherry sorbet
- Strawberry soda with lime sherbet