9 Family-Friendly Ways to Celebrate Pride Month
Last updated: May 4, 2022, at 8:05 a.m. PT
Originally published: June 17, 2020, at 2:58 p.m. PT
Pride Month is here, and it is time to gather together to show support for the LGBTQIA+ community, honor those who have fought for equality, commemorate the past, and celebrate the future. As allies, or as an LGBTQIA+ family, there are lots of fun ways to celebrate for all ages.
- Learn about the history of Pride here.
- Save the date for Seattle’s LGBTQIA+ Pride Month celebrating with two events in June! June 4 is Seattle Pride in the Park and June 26 is the Seattle Pride Parade.
- Show young readers that there are many ways to love yourself and others by sharing LGBTQIA+ friendly books.
- Celebrate with your own Pride parade at home.
- Get artistic with rainbow craft ideas to help children celebrate Pride.
- Make rainbow cupcakes so you can celebrate Pride with something sweet. Share with your neighbors!
- Rainbow fruit skewers make a colorful and healthy snack!
- Run and Walk with Pride is offering both virtual and in-person participation! Run or walk a 4K or 8K virtually anytime between June 24 - 27 or in person at Seward Park on June 25.
- Throughout history, there have been numerous notable and influential LGBTQIA+ figures. Learn more about these LGBTQIA+ figures.