9 Family Friendly Ways to Celebrate Pride Month
Last updated: June 18, 2021, at 7:41 a.m. PT
Originally published: June 17, 2020, at 2:58 p.m. PT
Pride Month is here, and it is time to gather together to show support for the LGBTQIA+ community, honor those who have fought for equality, commemorate the past, and celebrate the future. As allies, or as an LGBTQIA+ family, there are lots of fun ways to celebrate for all ages.
- Learn about the history of Pride here.
- Sign up for Virtual Pride! Seattle’s LGBTQIA+ Pride Month is going virtual with two days (June 26-27) of solidarity featuring speakers, performances and activities courtesy of Gender Justice League, PrideFest, and Seattle Pride.
- Show young readers that there are many ways to love yourself and others by sharing LGBTQIA+ friendly books.
- Celebrate with your own Pride Parade at home.
- Get artistic with rainbow craft ideas to help children celebrate Pride.
- Make Rainbow Cupcakes so you can celebrate Pride with something sweet. Share with your neighbors!
- Rainbow Fruit Skewers make a colorful and healthy snack!
- 2021 Run/Walk with Pride is offering both virtual and in person participation! Run or walk a 5K or 10K virtually anytime between June 25 - 28 or in person at Magnuson Park June 26.
- Throughout history, there have been numerous notable and influential LGBTQIA+ figures. Learn more about these LGBTQIA+ figures.