Welcome to the Greater Seattle YMCA Press Room
Welcome to the YMCA of Greater Seattle. We’re an inclusive organization of men, women and children with a shared commitment to nurture the potential of youth, promote healthy living and foster social responsibility.
The Y is Seattle’s founding nonprofit organization, offering health, hope, and opportunity. Here:
- Parents find a safe, nurturing environment for their children to stay active, be engaged, and learn positive values
- Children and teens play and develop self-confidence while feeling accepted and supported
- Former foster kids and homeless young people receive assistance with housing, employment, life skills, and other resources to learn and work
- Adults connect with friends, pursue interests, and learn how to live healthier
- Families in crisis due to mental health, child abuse, neglect, or substance abuse receive support and resources from licensed counselors
- People from all backgrounds and walks of life come together to volunteer and help strengthen their community
For more about our mission, click here.
For all media inquiries please contact:
PR & Communications Director
Call: (206) 413-5516