A Guide to Virtual Spring Break Travel
Published: March 25, 2020, at 3:55 p.m. PT
Last updated: April 14, 2020, at 9:33 a.m. PT
Don’t put spring break on hold, just have it at home! Without spending hours on a plane or in a car, you can explore Italy, experience the magic of Disneyland, go on a camping adventure, and more, in just five days. Make family memories, learn about different histories and cultures across the world, and taste new foods. Choose your own adventure or use our suggestions to map out your days. The possibilities are endless!
Day 1: Italy
- Take a tour of Rome. Before you watch, pull out an extra set of sheets and dress up in Togas, the garments worn by citizens of ancient Rome.
- Learn about the Roman Colosseum.
- Indulge in delicious Italian food and make homemade pasta and tomato sauce.
Day 2: Mexico
- Explore the Ancient Mayan Ruins.
- Take a day at the beach! Put on your sun hat, get out your lawn chair, turn up the beach tunes, and make a tropical, family-friendly drink. Spend the whole day outside at the “beach” and enjoy quality time with your family.
- Get the whole family involved in making healthy fajitas together.
Day 3: Walt Disney World
- Start the day with Mickey Mouse pancakes. Just whip up your favorite batter, butter the pan, and pour three circles in the shape of Mickey Mouse.
- Ride Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Peter Pan’s Flight, and tons more found on YouTube, without the lines!
- Dress in your favorite Disney tee and get your ears on, too.
Day 4: Outdoor Adventures
- Visit the National Parks of the West and take a tour of Bryce National Park or Carlsbad Caverns.
- Set up a tent in the backyard and camp backyard-style! If you don’t have a backyard or if the weather isn’t cooperating, set up your blankets, sleeping bags, or tent in your living room for just as much fun.
- Get the bar-b-que fired up and grill hot dogs, hamburgers and beans. Don’t forget the s’mores for dessert.