Investing in Outdoor Education

Building on the Y’s legacy of connecting youth to each other, the natural world, and their sense of self, outdoor education at Mineral Lake will build future stewards of the land while also preserving and protecting it. The YMCA of Greater Seattle will create a new overnight camp and environmental education center adjacent to Mineral Lake, bringing the splendor of the great outdoors to youth. Located in eastern Lewis County, the camp will sit on less than 150 acres of the total 2100 acres, about 7% of the site, leaving the remaining 93% of the land in its natural state.

.
.
.
.

Land Acknowledgement

The Y acknowledges the ancestral keepers of the land we gather on. We thank them for their immense contributions to our state and local history, culture, economy, and identity as Washingtonians.

.

More Outdoor Programs at the Y

Camp Colman

Camp Colman has offered kids and teens the chance to explore their individuality, become a part of their own community, and enjoy the classic American camp experience of archery, rock climbing, and s’mores over the campfire.

Camp Orkila

Explore the magic of Camp Colman and Camp Orkila through water activities, challenge course experiences, campfires, and more while getting to spend quality time with your loved ones.

Teen Outdoor Leadership

Youth ages 11 to 18 are inspired to be their most courageous and confident selves as they explore some of the most beautiful and natural places in the Pacific Northwest. Through BOLD & GOLD expeditions, young people spend weeks in the wilderness, learning life skills, strength, teamwork and more.

.