Expand Your Cultural Appreciation
Last updated: May 11, 2020, at 8:26 a.m. PT
Originally published: May 11, 2020, at 8:14 a.m. PT
The beauty of technology is that it can let us travel the globe in the blink of an eye. From the comfort of your home, we’re sharing some of our favorite ways to increase cultural appreciation and gain greater knowledge of global diversity.
See amazing art from world-renowned artists by doing a virtual tour of these incredible museums.
- The British Museum, London
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, New York
- The Louvre, Paris
- Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam
- The Metropolitan Museum, New York
The Seven Wonders of the World
In life, it’s impossible to see all the Seven Wonders in one day due to the distances between the sites – but on a virtual tour, you can see them all in a single afternoon.
- Al Khazna, Petra, Jordan
- Chichen Itza, Yucatan, Mexico
- Colosseum, Rome, Italy
- Taj Mahal, Agra, India
- Christ the Redeemer, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Machu Picchu, Cusco, Peru
- Great Wall of China, Beijing, China
Concerts, Ballet, and More!
If need to get your musical fix, visit any of these amazing venues for a virtual experience that literally brings music to your ears.
- Detroit Symphony Orchestra is sharing recorded concerts from previous years.
- Wigmore Hall, London is sharing a free live steam and previously recorded concerts.
- Paris Opera is sharing recordings of their beautiful concerts and ballet performances.
- Seattle Symphony is offering free live steam of their concerts.