Family Room Camp Activities
Lift your spirits with silly songs, outdoor environmental education, and virtual campfires.
The magic of camp creates memories that last a lifetime. Kids need adventure, play, friends, and camp more than ever, and so, our camp leadership team is bringing camp right to your living room! Watch squid dissections, learn how to identify northwest trees, engage in virtual campfires, and try a favorite camp craft.
Explore our library of camp activities! New videos, projects, and ideas will be shared each week.
• Root Veggie Soup
• Camp Song: Moose Song (Video)
• How to Tell a Tree's Age (Video)
• A Guide to Urban Hiking
• Camp Colman Virtual Campfire on July 25
• Stick, Rock & Leaf Reflection Activity
• Collage your Concerns
• Create a Mini Forest
• Practice Appreciating Music Together
• Use your Imagination with Story Stones
• Learn about Indicator Species (Video)
• Arthropod BINGO
• Camp Colman Virtual Campfire on April 16
• Camp Colman BINGO
• Nature Scavenger Hunt
• How to Make English Ivy Crowns
• Celebrate the Weekend, the Camp Orkila Way!
• Banana Slug Skit (Video)
• How to Extract Berry Seeds
• How to Read a Tide Table
• Make a Nature Wand
• 5 Questions to Stretch your Outdoor Time
• The 'What If' Story Game
• Family Values Reflection
• Biodiversity Blitz
• Five Fingers Art Project
• Storyboard your Thoughts
• How to Create a Bug Zoo
• Let's Make Leaf Bugs
• Create a Recycled Bird Feeder
• How to Build a Terrarium (Video)
• Values Session: A Perfect Planet
• Camp Colman Word Search
• Learn to Identify Pacific Northwest Trees (Video)
• Tie-Dye Patterns
• Camp Song: Alligator Song (Video)
• Ice Cream in a Bag
• Values Session Prompts for End of Summer
• Spelling with Nature
• Sharing Spectrum Activity
• Signs of Support
• Brew Nettle Tea at Home
• Paint a Postcard
• Burgees: Bring the Camp Orkila Tradition Home
• Create Egg Carton Caterpillars
• Imagine Soda Can Critters
• How to Make a Camp Friendship Bracelet
• Three Alternative S'More Recipes
• Beach Walk Bingo
• Camp Song: The Jellyfish Song (Video)
• Melted Crayon Art (Video)
Join the Y’s community response to provide child care for first responders, food support for kids, shelter for at-risk youth, and outreach to seniors.
Regular exercise is one component of a healthy lifestyle. It can also help reduce stress and prevent illness. From barre to yoga, we've got you covered for at-home workouts.
At the Y, we are here for our community. We've tapped into our network to pull together resources for those who may be experiencing hardship during this time.