How to Make English Ivy Crowns
Last updated: April 14, 2020, at 9:16 a.m. PT
Originally published: April 3, 2020, at 12:10 p.m. PT
Do you have some English Ivy growing nearby? Ivy crowns are one of our favorite arts and crafts activities at Camp Colman, but are also easy and fun to make at home!
- Gather enough English Ivy that’s long enough to wrap around your head three or four times. English Ivy is an invasive species, so it's okay to pick with the approval of an adult at home.
- Make one full circle around your head.
- Wrap the rest of the ivy around the first circle you made until it is all part of the original circle.
- Adjust leaves as desired.
- Add your own flare by adding other fun leaves, flowers, or pine cones found on the ground!
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA Camp Colman Camp Orkila Camp Terry YMCA Camping & Outdoor Leadership
Category: Camp Activity