Roasted Beet Dip with Blue Corn Chips
Last updated: May 21, 2021, at 11:15 a.m. PT
Originally published: May 21, 2021, at 11:09 a.m. PT
- 1 ½ pounds medium red beets, scrubbed clean
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon za’atar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- Cut veggies and blue corn tortilla chips for serving
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Place beets in a baking dish with ¼ cup water and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake until tender – about 1 hour. Allow to cool.
- Place beets, garlic, chili flakes and yogurt and pulse until blended.
- Add olive oil, honey, za’atar, salt and pepper and puree until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and scatter feta cheese and pistachios on top - drizzle with a bit more olive oil.
- Serve with cut veggie and blue corn tortilla chips.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA