Recipe: Balsamic Blueberry Crostini
Last updated: July 19, 2021, at 1:36 p.m. PT
Originally published: May 21, 2021, at 11:18 a.m. PT
- 8 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1-pint blueberries
- 1 lemon, divided
- 12 slices whole wheat baguette
- Olive oil
- 12 raspberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Using a fork, mix goat cheese and black pepper until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, mix blueberries, zest of one lemon and juice of ½ lemon and set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and brush bread slices with olive oil.
- Toast bread in hot skillet until golden brown, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Spread a bit of goat cheese over each crostini and top with a spoonful of lemon blueberries.
- Top each crostini with one raspberry and sprinkle with thyme.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA