Recipe: Zesty Black Bean Burrito Bowls with Chipotle Crema
Last updated: October 6, 2021, at 9:34 a.m. PT
Originally published: September 24, 2021, at 12:08 p.m. PT
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- Whisk together yogurt, chipotle pepper, lime zest, and juice. Thin with a teaspoon or two of water until you reach your desired consistency. Set aside.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and add corn and a splash of water, stirring until hot.
- Transfer to a bowl to set aside and wipe pan clean.
- Return skillet to medium heat and add black beans, cumin, and chili powder.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide rice among four bowls and top with corn, black beans, avocado, tomatoes, and radishes.
- Drizzle with chipotle sauce and enjoy!