Recipe: Zesty Black Bean Burrito Bowls with Chipotle Crema
Last updated: October 26, 2021, at 12:16 p.m. PT
Originally published: September 24, 2021, at 12:08 p.m. PT
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- Whisk together yogurt, chipotle pepper, lime zest, and juice. Thin with a teaspoon or two of water until you reach your desired consistency. Set aside.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and add corn and a splash of water, stirring until hot.
- Transfer to a bowl to set aside and wipe pan clean.
- Return skillet to medium heat and add black beans, cumin, and chili powder.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide rice among four bowls and top with corn, black beans, avocado, tomatoes, and radishes.
- Drizzle with chipotle sauce and enjoy!
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA