Recipe: Pumpkin Oat Muffins
Last updated: October 6, 2021, at 9:35 a.m. PT
Originally published: September 24, 2021, at 12:56 p.m. PT
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs•1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a muffin tin.
- Using your food processor or blender, grind oats into very fine flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, milk, vanilla, maple syrup, and eggs.
- In another bowl, mix nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and oat flour.
- Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients and gently fold together.
- Allow to rest for a few minutes and then use a scoop to transfer batter to muffin tin.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and bake for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before removing from tin.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA