Recipe: Pumpkin Oat Muffins
Last updated: October 6, 2021, at 9:35 a.m. PT
Originally published: September 24, 2021, at 12:56 p.m. PT
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs•1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a muffin tin.
- Using your food processor or blender, grind oats into very fine flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, milk, vanilla, maple syrup, and eggs.
- In another bowl, mix nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and oat flour.
- Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients and gently fold together.
- Allow to rest for a few minutes and then use a scoop to transfer batter to muffin tin.
- Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and bake for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before removing from tin.