Recipe: Spinach & Artichoke Fusilli
Last updated: October 6, 2021, at 9:34 a.m. PT
Originally published: September 24, 2021, at 10:33 a.m. PT
- 8 ounces whole-wheat fusilli pasta
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (15 oz) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess water
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, set aside.
- In a blender, puree the beans, garlic, and ½ cup broth.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat and add artichokes.
- Saute until lightly browned and stir in spinach and parmesan cheese.
- Add the pureed bean mixture, mozzarella cheese, peas, and remaining ¼ cup broth.
- Stir until well combined, and add cooked pasta.
- Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, to taste.