Recipe: Tostadas de Camarón (Shrimp Tostadas)
Last updated: January 27, 2022, at 2:01 p.m. PT
Originally published: January 27, 2022, at 2:01 p.m. PT
- 1-pound cooked shrimp, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- ½ English cucumber, chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 8 tostada shells
- ¼ cup crumbled cotija cheese
- preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, tomato, avocado, jalapeno, cucumber, onion, cilantro, oregano, lime zest, and juice.
- Allow shrimp to marinate for 10 minutes.
- When ready to serve, heat tostada shells in the oven for 2-3 minutes.
- Top warm tostadas with shrimp mixture and sprinkle with cheese.