Recipe: Sesame Noodle Salad
Last updated: October 26, 2021, at 8:11 a.m. PT
Originally published: October 22, 2021, at 2:34 p.m. PT
- 4 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- ¼ cup all-natural peanut or almond butter
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ lime juiced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced in thin strips
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain and rinse with cold water until cooled throughout.
- While pasta is cooking, whisk together peanut butter, ginger, garlic, tamari, rice vinegar, sesame oil, maple syrup, lime juice and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Toss cooled pasta with the sauce and sesame seeds.
- Divide noodles into four containers and divide remaining ingredients on top.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA