Recipe: Miso Roasted Tempeh with Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes
Last updated: December 3, 2020, at 8:49 p.m. PT
Originally published: December 3, 2020, at 3:59 p.m. PT
Serve over your favorite cooked grain for a delicious and satisfying dinner with minimal effort.
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 (8oz.) package tempeh, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1-pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to mix the miso paste, vinegar, honey, red pepper flakes, sesame oil and avocado oil until well mixed.
- Scatter the tempeh, sweet potato and brussels sprouts over the prepared baking sheet.
- Pour the sauce over and use your hands to mix until evenly coated. Add a drizzle more avocado oil if needed.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip and return to oven until veggies are fork tender – about 10-15 minutes more.
Swap the veggies with your seasonal favorites. More tender vegetables, like asparagus, can be added halfway through cooking time.