Recipe: Miso Roasted Tempeh with Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes
Last updated: December 3, 2020, at 8:49 p.m. PT
Originally published: December 3, 2020, at 3:59 p.m. PT
Serve over your favorite cooked grain for a delicious and satisfying dinner with minimal effort.
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 (8oz.) package tempeh, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1-pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to mix the miso paste, vinegar, honey, red pepper flakes, sesame oil and avocado oil until well mixed.
- Scatter the tempeh, sweet potato and brussels sprouts over the prepared baking sheet.
- Pour the sauce over and use your hands to mix until evenly coated. Add a drizzle more avocado oil if needed.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip and return to oven until veggies are fork tender – about 10-15 minutes more.
Swap the veggies with your seasonal favorites. More tender vegetables, like asparagus, can be added halfway through cooking time.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA Camp Colman Camp Orkila Camp Terry YMCA Camping & Outdoor Leadership