Recipe: Kale & Brussels Sprouts Salad
Last updated: December 3, 2020, at 4:52 p.m. PT
Originally published: December 3, 2020, at 3:40 p.m. PT
This hearty salad is satisfying yet light using the best winter greens available.
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely minced shallot
- 1 garlic clove, minced and scraped into paste
- 1 teaspoon real maple syrup
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 large bunches Tuscan kale, stems removed, thinly sliced
- 12 oz brussels sprouts, trimmed and shredded
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup finely grated pecorino cheese (optional)
- In a mason jar with a tight fitting lid, combine lemon juice, Dijon, shallot, garlic, maple syrup, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Tighten lid and shake until emulsified.
- In a large bowl, combine kale and sprouts. Drizzle dressing to taste and toss to evenly coat.
- Sprinkle with almonds and pecorino and toss again to combine.
1. Kale, brussels sprouts and dressing can be made ahead. Add almonds and pecorino just before serving.