Recipe: Kale & Brussels Sprouts Salad
Last updated: December 3, 2020, at 4:52 p.m. PT
Originally published: December 3, 2020, at 3:40 p.m. PT
This hearty salad is satisfying yet light using the best winter greens available.
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely minced shallot
- 1 garlic clove, minced and scraped into paste
- 1 teaspoon real maple syrup
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 large bunches Tuscan kale, stems removed, thinly sliced
- 12 oz brussels sprouts, trimmed and shredded
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup finely grated pecorino cheese (optional)
- In a mason jar with a tight fitting lid, combine lemon juice, Dijon, shallot, garlic, maple syrup, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Tighten lid and shake until emulsified.
- In a large bowl, combine kale and sprouts. Drizzle dressing to taste and toss to evenly coat.
- Sprinkle with almonds and pecorino and toss again to combine.
1. Kale, brussels sprouts and dressing can be made ahead. Add almonds and pecorino just before serving.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA