Recipe: Beet Salad with Orange Yogurt Dressing
Last updated: March 29, 2022, at 9:25 a.m. PT
Originally published: November 22, 2021, at 1:30 p.m. PT
- 2 pounds beets, scrubbed
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar, divided
- 1 cup water
- 1 bunch thyme
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 orange, zested, peeled, and segmented
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ chopped Italian parsley
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Flaky sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a baking dish, combine beets, 2 tablespoons vinegar, water, thyme, and garlic, and cover tightly with foil.
- Roast until beets are tender – about 90 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Discard cooking liquid, quarter beets, and set aside.
- Toss beets with orange segments, olive oil, and parsley.
- Whisk together, remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar, orange zest, yogurt, orange juice, and honey.
- Spread yogurt dressing on a serving platter and top with beet mixture.
- Season with flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA