Recipe: Roasted Sweet Potato and Collard Green Salad
Last updated: November 22, 2021, at 1:28 p.m. PT
Originally published: November 22, 2021, at 1:18 p.m. PT
- 1-pound sweet potatoes, sliced into ½ inch rounds
- ¼ cup avocado oil, divided
- 1 ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 bunch collard green, stems discarded, leaves finely chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ cup chopped roasted cashews
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss sweet potatoes with 2 tablespoons of oil, cumin, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Roast until golden brown and tender – about 30 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Set aside to cool.
- Whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil with vinegar, shallot, honey, and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour one tablespoon of dressing over the collard green leaves and massage for a minute or two until softened.
- Spread greens over a platter and top with roasted sweet potatoes, crumbled goat cheese, and cashews.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA