Recipe: Baked Lentils With Lemon Herb Salmon
Last updated: March 24, 2023, at 12:10 p.m. PT
Originally published: March 24, 2023, at 12:08 p.m. PT
- 1 cup black lentils
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 12 ounces salmon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch asparagus
- ½ head red cabbage, finely shredded
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Rinse the lentils and combine with quinoa and broth in a casserole dish and bake for 45 minutes or until almost fully cooked – remove and fluff with a fork.
- In a blender or food processor, pulse the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, honey and parsley until emulsified and set half aside.
- Place salmon, skin side down on top of the lentil mixture, sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with a bit of the lemon dressing.
- Separately, toss the asparagus and red cabbage with some of the dressing – reserving some for later.
- Nestle the asparagus and cabbage around the salmon on top of the lentils.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- Serve drizzled with remaining dressing.