Recipe: Parchment Packet Shrimp Scampi With Zoodles
Last updated: March 27, 2023, at 9:50 a.m. PT
Originally published: March 27, 2023, at 8:34 a.m. PT
- 1-pound large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- ½ pound asparagus, halved
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine or broth
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut parchment paper into four ovals 15”x10” and fold in half crosswise like a book
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the shrimp, asparagus, tomatoes, olive oil, broth, lemon juice, salt, honey, crushed red pepper, and garlic powder until combined.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, open each parchment and lay 2 lemon slices on one half of each parchment.
- Evenly divide the shrimp mixture on top of the lemon slices and liberally season with freshly ground black pepper and divide garlic slices on top.
- Fold the parchment over the top of each and beginning at one corner, tightly roll the parchment paper to create a seal and bake in the oven for about 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, gently saute the spiralized zoodles in olive oil over medium-low heat until crisp tender – season with salt and pepper.
- Open packets and serve with zoodles and fresh parsley.