Recipe: Lemon Chicken Noodle Soup
Last updated: March 24, 2023, at 10:24 a.m. PT
Originally published: March 24, 2023, at 10:24 a.m. PT
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 large celery stalks, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- ¾ cup small fine egg noodles
- 2 lemons, zested
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large pot. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to the pot to brown on both sides – about 5 minutes.
- Push chicken to the side and add onion, carrot, and celery and cook until softened – about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and oregano and cook for one minute more – or until fragrant.
- Add chicken stock and bay leaves and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and reduce heat to simmer until pasta is done and chicken is cooked through – about 10 minutes, stirring periodically.
- Remove and discard the bay leaves and stir in the zest of 2 lemons, the juice of 1 lemon, parsley, and spinach.