Recipe: Anti-Inflammatory Salad
Last updated: June 18, 2021, at 1:07 p.m. PT
Originally published: June 18, 2021, at 1:07 p.m. PT
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and chopped
- ½ English cucumbers, chopped
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoons chia seed
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried mustard
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Toast almonds in a dry skillet over low heat until lightly golden brown.
- Place kale and almonds in a large serving bowl and set aside.
- Place cashews and chia seeds in your blender and pulse to lightly grind them.
- Add the water and blend until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until creamy.
- Dressing is best served chilled for 30 minutes before serving.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over the salad and toss.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA