Recipe: Baba Ghanoush
Last updated: June 18, 2021, at 1:07 p.m. PT
Originally published: June 18, 2021, at 12:51 p.m. PT
- 2 pounds eggplants, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Whole grain pita wedges, carrots, and cucumber for serving
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Brush or spray the halved eggplants with oil and place them cut side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast the eggplant until very tender – 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of your eggplant. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Scoop the inside out and discard the skins.
- Place the eggplant in a fine mesh strainer and rest for a few minutes to allow any remaining liquid to drain. Discard liquid.
- Transfer drained eggplant to a bowl and add garlic and lemon juice.
- Mix thoroughly with a fork until eggplant is smooth.
- Add tahini and mix.
- While stirring, slowly drizzle in the olive oil and mix until creamy.
- Stir in parsley, salt, and cumin.
- Serve with pita wedges and cut veggies.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA