Recipe: Turmeric Chickpea Cakes
Last updated: October 26, 2021, at 12:17 p.m. PT
Originally published: June 18, 2021, at 12:04 p.m. PT
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 oz) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley
- 6 tablespoons chickpea flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Heat oil over medium heat and saute onions until translucent – about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for one minute more.
- Add chickpeas and the onion mixture to a food processor and pulse until it you have a crumbly paste.
- Add parsley, 4 tablespoons chickpea flour, salt, pepper, garam masala and turmeric. Pulse until combined.
- Place remaining 2 tablespoons flour in a small bowl.
- Scoop 1 ½ tablespoons of the chickpea mixture into your hands and roll into a ball. Gently press in the flour to make a patty.
- Heat a bit more oil over medium heat and cook patties for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown.