Give Big on Giving Tuesday for our Covid-19 Community Response
Last updated: May 1, 2020, at 3:54 p.m. PT
Originally published: May 1, 2020, at 5:07 a.m. PT
Giving Tuesday is a global day of giving and unity that will take place on May 5, 2020 as an emergency response to the unprecedented need caused by COVID-19. At a time when we are all experiencing the pandemic, generosity is what brings people of all races, faiths, and political views together across the globe. There are many ways to participate in Giving Tuesday:
During this pandemic, we’ve been busier than ever working to meet critical needs like housing for young people, meals for hungry kids, child care for families and outreach to seniors. It’s incredible what we’ve done so far, when we all leverage our skills and resources, but there is still so much work to be done for our communities to fully recover.
Will you join us May 5 and Give Big on Giving Tuesday to keep supporting these critical services to those who need us most right now?
Increase Your Contribution
Your donation might be eligible for a matching gift from your employer. Many companies have expanded their employee donation matching gift programs in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. To see if your company has a matching gift history with YGS please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Ways to be Involved Without Donating
Whether you want to help spread the love on social media or with you loved ones at home, there are many ways to join in Giving Tuesday if you are not able to donate:
- Share uplifting stories – We all need happy news right now so share an uplifting story or something you are thankful for on social media or with your friends and family.
- Donate goods – You can support young adults in transitional housing by donating basic household goods. Learn More
- Thank essential workers – Write a thank you note or send an email to someone you know who is working hard right now on behalf of everyone.
- Maybe you’ve already given – Share why giving is important to you and encourage your friends and family to give!
- Spread the Word - We need your help to spread the word. Please tell your friends and family why you believe in our work and invite them to give big this Giving Tuesday!
Learn more about our Covid-19 Community Response