Chickpea Cookie Dough
Last updated: May 21, 2021, at 11:59 a.m. PT
Originally published: May 21, 2021, at 11:59 a.m. PT
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup creamy all -natural peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ½ tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Place in a paper towel, dry off.
- Remove any loose skins and discard.
- Add chickpeas, peanut butter, vanilla extract, maple syrup and cinnamon to a food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the ground chia seeds to the food processor.
- Blend until everything is combined.
- Add chickpea cookie dough mixture to a small bowl. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Serve immediately or can be stored in the fridge for several days.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA