Recipe: Herb and Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
Last updated: July 19, 2021, at 1:35 p.m. PT
Originally published: May 21, 2021, at 12:03 p.m. PT
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Balsamic glaze*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place mushroom caps upside down on the baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Chop mushroom stems.
- Heat oil over medium heat and sauté mushroom stems until golden brown.
- Add garlic and sauté one minute more, season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside to cool.
- Using a fork, mix mushroom and garlic mixture with goat cheese, parsley, green onions, and honey until combined.
- Use two spoons to fill each mushroom cap with cheese mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Meanwhile, toast panko in a dry skillet with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Once mushrooms are done, sprinkle with toasted panko and a drizzle of balsamic reduction and serve while warm.
*Gently simmer 1 cup of balsamic vinegar in a heavy bottom pot to reduce. Once thickened to a light syrup, remove from heat, it will continue to thicken as it cools.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA