Virtual Camp Colman
Published: April 8, 2020, at 5:22 p.m. PT
Last updated: April 19, 2020, at 7:28 a.m. PT
Join Camp Colman for Virtual Camp!
Are you looking for something to do now that schools will remain closed for the rest of the school year? Your friends at Camp Colman have the perfect solution!
What’s Virtual Camp?
We’ll be providing a variety of camp activities each day for kids and families. There will be a combination of things to do at home, challenges and puzzles, live gatherings (like our Virtual Campfire), and more to enjoy. Most of the activities will live on our YMCA Camp Colman Facebook page. If you aren’t on Facebook, email us and we can send you some of the camp fun directly.
On Sunday night, we’ll post the next day’s schedule by 6:00pm on the Camp Activities page. Check it out to see what’s planned and get excited. We’ll kick things off with an introduction and update via Facebook Live at 10:00am on Monday morning.
Sample Virtual Camp Daily Schedule
- 8:00 – Camp and cabin clean up. Pick up your bedroom and clean up your breakfast dishes before you start your camp day!
- 10:00am – Morning activity posted. (On Mondays this will be our Facebook Live kick-off session)
- 12:00pm – Activity or challenge posted.
- 1:00pm – Turtle Time! It’s always good to take a break and re-charge your battery, so head to your bunk for some down time. For an extra challenge, try it with no electronics!
- 3:00pm – Afternoon activity. Typically we'll offer something active or live, like an Outdoor Environmental Education lesson, Campfire, or GeoGala (camp dance).
- Dinner time – Kitchen Patrol! Set the table and help with dishes.
- 6:00pm – Check our Facebook page for tomorrow’s daily schedule!
- Bedtime – Values sessions. We’ll provide an idea of something to do to power down before bed and reflect on the day.
On Fridays we’ll wrap up the week with a 3:00pm live session and we’ll provide some ideas for things to do over the weekend. Sound good? Awesome! We hope to see you there! There’s no cost and no need to register, just hop on and join us!