Sweet Potato Grain Bowls
Last updated: February 18, 2021, at 11:36 a.m. PT
Originally published: February 18, 2021, at 11:18 a.m. PT
This is a great meal prep recipe that makes enough for 4-6 lunches.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1 large red onion, cut into 12 small wedges with root intact
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and chopped
- ½ cup tahini or plain yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of oil, spices, salt, and pepper. Using your hands to toss to evenly coat.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
- While roasting sweet potatoes, prepare quinoa by bringing quinoa and water to boil. Cover, turn heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes or until water has been absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the remaining tablespoon of avocado oil. Add garlic and kale and sauté until wilted – about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Using storage containers or plates, divide the cooked quinoa into 4-6 servings, top with roasted sweet potatoes and cooked kale. Serve drizzled with tahini and/or yogurt.