Recipe: Chickpea Salad Sandwiches
Last updated: March 28, 2021, at 2:48 p.m. PT
Originally published: February 18, 2021, at 11:36 a.m. PT
This 5-minute lunch is sure to make a regular appearance on your meal plan! This recipe is served open-faced but feel free to top with an additional slice of whole-grain bread if desired.
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt, preferably whole milk
- 2 tablespoons sriracha or favorite hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 large slices whole-grain bread, lightly toasted
- 1 large handful of microgreens or baby arugula
- ½ avocado, sliced
- Everything but the bagel seasoning
- Pulse chickpeas in your food processor until chunky. Alternatively, you can mash with a fork.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt, hot sauce, honey, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Add the chickpeas and stir until combined and creamy.
- Divide the mixture between slices of toast and top with microgreens, avocado slices, and sprinkle with bagel seasoning.
Chickpea salad can be made ahead (and doubled!) and stored in the fridge for several days.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA