Recipe: Tempeh Larb Salad
Last updated: June 18, 2021, at 1:04 p.m. PT
Originally published: June 18, 2021, at 1:03 p.m. PT
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 16 oz tempeh, crumbled
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Thai red chile, seeds removed and minced
- ½ bunch cilantro, stems and leaves chopped separately
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 6 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1 head of lettuce for serving (bibb, butter, cabbage, etc.)
- Heat oil over medium high heat and add tempeh – cooking for about 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add garlic, chile and cilantro stems and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add fish sauce, lime juice, and honey and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in green onions, mint leaves, and cilantro leaves.
- Serve larb with lettuce leaves
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA