Recipe: Thai Basil Eggplant Stir Fry
Last updated: August 25, 2021, at 1:46 p.m. PT
Originally published: June 18, 2021, at 1:04 p.m. PT
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 baby eggplants, cubed
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- red bell pepper, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 bunch Thai basil leaves, chiffonade
- Cooked brown rice for serving
- Heat oil over medium high heat and add red pepper flakes to toast for a few seconds.
- Add eggplant and stir fry for a few minutes before adding onion and bell pepper.
- Continue cooking for a few minutes more or until veggies begin to soften.
- Add garlic and cook one minute more.
- Add vinegar, tamari, and honey – stir to combine for another two minutes.
- Remove from heat and add Thai basil, tossing to combine.
- Serve over cooked brown rice.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA