Recipe: Strawberry Spinach Salad with Goat Cheese & Candied Pecans
Last updated: March 28, 2021, at 1:12 p.m. PT
Originally published: March 28, 2021, at 1:04 p.m. PT
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 small shallot, minced
- Salt and pepper
Candied Pecan Ingredients
- Avocado oil spray
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 ½ tablespoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ cup pecan halves
- 6 oz baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- ½ cup candied pecans (recipe above)
- 2 oz crumbled goat cheese
- Place dressing ingredients in a mason jar and screw lid on tightly. Shake until emulsified. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray with avocado oil.
- In a large bowl, mix remaining candied pecan ingredients and transfer to baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove from oven and working quickly, separate nuts with a fork and allow to cool.
- Toss salad ingredients in a large bowl and pour just enough dressing to coat and toss gently again.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA