Recipe: Apple Fennel Salad with Maple Viniagrette
Last updated: March 28, 2021, at 12:51 p.m. PT
Originally published: March 28, 2021, at 12:47 p.m. PT
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- 6 ounces baby arugula
- 1 large fennel bulb with fronds
- 1 large Honeycrisp apple
- ¼ cup chopped hazlenuts
- ¼ cup shredded Beechers cheese
- Add oil, lemon juice, maple syrup, mustard and salt and pepper to a mason jar. Screw lid on tightly and shake until emulsified and set aside.
- Place arugula in a large bowl and set aside.
- Trim fennel and reserve fronds.
- Cut bulb in half and slice very thinly and add to arugula.
- Cut apple in half, remove core, thinly slice, and add to salad bowl.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over the vegetables and toss to coat evenly.
- Scatter hazelnuts, cheese and fennel fronds and gently toss again just before serving.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA