Recipe: Garlic Herb Smashed Potatoes
Last updated: March 28, 2021, at 1:24 p.m. PT
Originally published: March 28, 2021, at 1:17 p.m. PT
- 1 pound baby new potatoes
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or avocado oil spray)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and Pepper
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with plenty of water.
- Bring to a boil and cook until tender – about 15-20 minutes, drain well and set
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spray or pour half of the oil in a cookie sheet evenly.
- Place potatoes on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Using a glass with a flat bottom, press each potato to flatten it but keep it in one
- Sprinkle the garlic and 1 tablespoon thyme over the potatoes and gently press with
- Spray or pour remaining oil over the top of the potatoes.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Sprinkle remaining thyme leaves on top and serve immediately.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA