Recipe: Skillet Jalapeno Cornbread
Last updated: March 25, 2022, at 7:14 a.m. PT
Originally published: November 22, 2021, at 12:00 p.m. PT
- 1 ¼ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ¾ cup cornmeal
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk of choice
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 8 tablespoons coconut oil or butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 10” skillet and set it aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking soda, powder, chives, jalapeno, and salt.
- Whisk in milk, buttermilk, eggs, and honey until combined.
- Slowly whisk in the melted coconut oil.
- Pour batter into prepared skillet and bake 18-20 minutes or until light golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA