Recipe: Roasted Butternut Squash & Kale Salad
Last updated: November 22, 2022, at 2:35 p.m. PT
Originally published: November 21, 2022, at 4:18 p.m. PT
- 1 small butternut squash (about 1.25 lb.), cut into ½ inch thick wedges
- 2 medium red onions, cut into 1” wedges
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- Salt and fresh pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cups baby kale
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- On a large baking sheet, toss the squash and onions with avocado oil, salt and pepper and roast until tender – about 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, whisk tahini, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, water and salt and pepper until smooth. Thin with a bit more water if needed.
- Arrange kale on a platter and scatter the squash and onions on top.
- Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle the lemon zest, pomegranate seeds and almonds on top.
- Season with a bit of flaky sea salt and more freshly ground black pepper.