Recipe: Salt and Vinegar Sweet Potatoes
Last updated: November 22, 2022, at 2:29 p.m. PT
Originally published: November 21, 2022, at 4:10 p.m. PT
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- Flaky sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- Place a steamer basket in a large pot and fill with water to just below the basket.
- Add sweet potato slices and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cover until tender – about 18-20 minutes
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange sweet potato slices in a single layer.
- Use a flat bottom glass to lightly smash the sweet potatoes.
- Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste and sprinkle with thyme.
- Give the pan a gentle shake to distribute some of the oil underneath the potatoes.
- Roast until golden with crispy edges – about 25 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with vinegar, flaky salt and parsley.