Recipe: Potato Galette With Lox
Last updated: September 30, 2022, at 11:43 a.m. PT
Originally published: September 30, 2022, at 11:23 a.m. PT
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and grated
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons cream fraiche
- 4 ounces thinly sliced lox
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Place grated potato in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze to remove excess liquid.
- In a large saute pan, heat the oil over medium-low heat.
- Spread half of the grated potato over the skillet and sprinkle with cheese and cover with the rest of the potato and season with salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Carefully flip potatoes over and continue cooking.
- Increase heat and cook until golden brown.
- Once done, transfer to serving dish and spread cream fraiche evenly on top.
- Layer lox on top and garnish with dill, chives and more fresh ground black pepper.