Recipe: New Potato & Lentil Salad with Herb Dressing
Last updated: March 28, 2021, at 2:47 p.m. PT
Originally published: February 18, 2021, at 12:00 p.m. PT
This light yet satisfying dish can be served warm or cold.
- 2 pounds new baby potatoes
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ⅔ cup French lentils
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 large dill fronds, roughly torn
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh chopped dill
- ¼ cup fresh chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Scrub the potatoes and cut in half if they are larger than a golf ball.
- Toss potatoes with avocado oil and salt and roast until golden brown and tender – about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cover lentils with 3 cups of water and bring them to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until tender – about 20 minutes. Drain lentils and toss with the spinach until wilted.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add the warm potatoes, lentils, and spinach and toss to combine.
- Taste and add salt or pepper as needed. Garnish with dill fronds.
- Serve warm or refrigerate for later.