Recipe: New Potato & Lentil Salad with Herb Dressing
Last updated: March 28, 2021, at 2:47 p.m. PT
Originally published: February 18, 2021, at 12:00 p.m. PT
This light yet satisfying dish can be served warm or cold.
- 2 pounds new baby potatoes
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ⅔ cup French lentils
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 large dill fronds, roughly torn
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh chopped dill
- ¼ cup fresh chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Scrub the potatoes and cut in half if they are larger than a golf ball.
- Toss potatoes with avocado oil and salt and roast until golden brown and tender – about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cover lentils with 3 cups of water and bring them to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until tender – about 20 minutes. Drain lentils and toss with the spinach until wilted.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add the warm potatoes, lentils, and spinach and toss to combine.
- Taste and add salt or pepper as needed. Garnish with dill fronds.
- Serve warm or refrigerate for later.
Locations: Auburn Valley YMCA Bellevue Family YMCA Coal Creek Family YMCA Dale Turner Family YMCA Downtown Seattle YMCA Matt Griffin YMCA Meredith Mathews East Madison YMCA Northshore YMCA Sammamish Community YMCA Snoqualmie Valley YMCA University Family YMCA West Seattle & Fauntleroy YMCA Kent YMCA