Recipe: Mediterranean Chopped Salad
Last updated: August 25, 2022, at 9:34 a.m. PT
Originally published: August 25, 2022, at 9:34 a.m. PT
- 1 (5 oz) bag chopped romaine lettuce
- ½ pint grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup chopped Persian cucumbers
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- ¼ cup sliced pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Toss chopped romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, chickpeas, red onion, olives, and parsley in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients in a pint-sized mason jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake until emulsified.
- Toss salad with desired amount of dressing and serve topped with freshly ground black pepper.