Recipe: Easy Pesto Pizza
Last updated: August 25, 2022, at 9:27 a.m. PT
Originally published: August 25, 2022, at 9:27 a.m. PT
- 1 package refrigerated pizza dough
- ½ cup shredded parmesan, divided
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- ½ red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and allow to let rest for 10 minutes.
- Knead in 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, basil and oregano.
- Roll into a 12-in. circle; place on a greased 14-in. pizza pan. Prick with a fork. Bake 10 minutes.
- Spread pesto sauce evenly over the crust. Top with mushrooms, red bell pepper, mozzarella cheese, the remaining Parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Bake until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes longer.