Recipe: Italian Chopped Brussels Sprouts Salad
Last updated: April 25, 2023, at 1:01 p.m. PT
Originally published: April 25, 2023, at 9:48 a.m. PT
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas drained
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces sliced salami, julienned (optional)
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- ¼ cup sliced pepperoncini peppers
- ¼ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup cubed fresh mozzarella
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup julienned fresh basil leaves
- In a jar or medium bowl, shake/whisk olive oil, vinegar, honey, Dijon, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper until emulsified.
- Using a food processor with a slicing attachment (or sharp knife), finely shave the brussels sprouts.
- Transfer shaved sprouts to a large bowl and add the dressing, tossing thoroughly to coat.
- While sprouts marinate in the dressing, prep the rest of your ingredients.
- Add chickpeas, tomatoes, salami, olives, peppers, onions, mozzarella, parmesan, and fresh basil to the salad and toss to combine.
- Serve topped with freshly ground black pepper.