Recipe: Lebanese Roasted Tofu & Chickpeas
Last updated: April 24, 2023, at 1:45 p.m. PT
Originally published: April 24, 2023, at 1:43 p.m. PT
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed, divided
- 2 lemons, divided, zested and juiced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons za’atar spice blend
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ cup chopped parsley, divided
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and patted dry
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 1 (14 oz) package firm tofu, cut into 1/2” thick slices and patted dry
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (5 oz) bag spring greens
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine 2 cloves of garlic with zest and juice of 1 lemon, olive oil, za’atar, oregano, ¼ cup of parsley and mix until incorporated.
- Add chickpeas and tomatoes to the prepared sheet pan and pour half of the marinade on top and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 15 minutes or until the tomatoes are just beginning to burst.
- While that is roasting, add the soy sauce to the remaining marinade and pour over the tofu slices, turning to evenly coat in the marinade.
- Add tofu slices to the sheet pan with the tomatoes and chickpeas and return to oven for another 15 minutes or until tofu begins to brown.
- Whisk together the tahini, honey, water, zest and juice of remaining lemon and remaining 2 cloves of pressed garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide greens among four bowls and top with roasted chickpeas, tomatoes and tofu.
- Drizzle with tahini dressing and top with remaining chopped parsley.