Recipe: Walnut and Lentil Rillettes
Last updated: April 25, 2023, at 10:33 a.m. PT
Originally published: April 25, 2023, at 10:31 a.m. PT
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, sliced into half moons
- 1 cup cooked brown lentils
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Black pepper
- Cornichons and crackers to serve
- Heat oil over medium heat and add onions. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper, cooking until they begin to caramelize – about 10 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- Add the remaining ingredients into a food processor and pulse, scraping the sides down as needed until you have reached a spread consistency that is not quite smooth.
- Add onions and gently pulse to just barely incorporate them into the spread.
- Serve with cornichons and crackers.