Recipe: Five Spice Salmon Cakes (With Ginger & Sesame Slaw)
Last updated: October 20, 2022, at 12:46 p.m. PT
Originally published: October 19, 2022, at 10:12 a.m. PT
- 1 can (14.75 oz) salmon – or 1 ½ cups cooked, flaked salmon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- In a large bowl, mix salmon, eggs, onion, cilantro, chili-garlic sauce, tamari, and five-spice powder.
- Add breadcrumbs and gently fold into salmon mixture.
- Divide into four patties.
- Heat oil over medium heat and add salmon cakes.
- Cook until browned – about 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
TIP: Enjoy with Ginger & Sesame Slaw