Recipe: Dutch Oven No-Knead Garlic Herb Bread
Last updated: December 8, 2022, at 1:40 p.m. PT
Originally published: December 8, 2022, at 1:20 p.m. PT
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian herb blend
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon active yeast
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- Flaky Salt (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk flour, salt, herbs, garlic and yeast together.
- Add water slowly and mix until you have a shaggy dough.
- Cover bowl with greased plastic wrap and set aside for 12-18 hours.
- When dough is ready, preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place a 4-quart Dutch oven (with oven proof lid) in the oven for 30 minutes.
- While heating, transfer the dough to a heavily floured piece of parchment paper wide enough to line your Dutch oven.
- Using floured hands, shape the dough into a ball and sprinkle the top with flaky sea salt.
- Cover with greased plastic wrap and let rest while the Dutch oven is heating.
- Carefully, remove the hot Dutch oven from the oven and place the parchment paper with dough inside and replace the lid.
- Return to the oven and bake for 30 minutes, remove lid and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Transfer parchment and bread to a baking rack for a few minutes until cool enough to handle before slicing.
TIP: Enjoy with Roasted Garlic Dipping Oil